Cookies are small text files that may be sent to and registered on your computer or mobile device by the websites you visit, to then be re-sent to those same sites when you visit them again. It is thanks to these cookies that those websites can “remember” your actions and preferences (e.g., login data, language, font size, other display settings, etc.), so that you do not need to configure them again when you next visit the website, or when you change pages within a website.
According to the law which may be applicable to you, your consent may not always be necessary for cookies to be used through the Website. In particular, “technical cookies” – i.e., cookies used exclusively to transmit messages over an electronic communications network, or otherwise strictly necessary to provide a service specifically requested by you – typically do not require this consent. In other words, these cookies are indispensable for operation of the Website or required to perform activities requested by the user.
Among technical cookies, which do not require explicit consent for their use, the Italian Data Protection Authority (see provision “Simplified Arrangements to Provide Information and Obtain Consent Regarding Cookies” of May 8, 2014 and subsequent clarifications, hereinafter only "Provision") also includes:
- first-party and third-party analytics cookies - if tools are adopted in order to reduce the identifying power of the cookies and the third party does not cross-reference the information collected with others already in his/her possession - used to collect information, in aggregate form, on the number of users and how they visit the website;
- browsing or session cookies (for authentication purposes), whose deactivation compromises the use of the services that can be accessible via login;
- function cookies, which allow the user to browse according to a series of selected criteria (for example, language, products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service provided.
On the other hand, for "profiling cookies", i.e. those aimed at identifying the user's preferences and improving his browsing experience, as well as for third-party analytical cookies, if no tools are adopted in order to reduce the identifying power of the cookies and the third party cross-references the information collected with other information already available to him/her, the user's prior consent is required.
Types of cookies used by the Website and possibility of (de-)selection
We inform you that the Website uses the following cookies, which can be deselected, even individually (as specified, below, in the section on "Cookie settings"):
- Technical browsing cookies, which allow the Website to function correctly and allow the visualization of its contents; their deactivation would lead to the malfunctioning of the Website. These cookies are not permanently stored on the user's computer and are removed when the browser is closed;
- Session and function cookies, which are used to activate specific Website functions and to configure the Website according to your choices (e.g., language or login), in order to improve your experience;
- Analytics cookies, which allow Fabbri to understand how users make use of the Website, and to track traffic to and from the Website. The information collected by these cookies is processed in an aggregate and anonymous form, with no information on your specific ID being collected – therefore, the use of these cookies does not involve the use of your Personal Data.
- Profiling cookies, which are used to observe the preferences you reveal through your use of the Website and to send you advertising messages in line with those preferences;
- Third-party cookies, i.e., cookies from websites / web servers other than Fabbri Websites, and which are used for specific purposes of the third parties owning those websites / webservers, including analytics and profiling cookies. An example is the presence of "social plugins" and "social media walls", which collect the contents of the social channels used by Fabbri. These are sections generated directly by the aforementioned sites and integrated into the page of the host site. The use of "social plugins" and the "social media wall" is aimed at sharing the contents of the Fabbri social networks or at sharing the contents of the visited website on your social profile. Their presence involves the transmission of cookies to and from all sites managed by third parties.
These third parties will typically be considered independent data controllers regarding their cookies; in this case the user gives or denies consent directly to the owner of the concerned cookie, to which the Website merely refers. The management of information collected by "third parties" is governed by their privacy policies, which you are kindly requested to refer to and which, for your convenience, are linked below:
More specifically, the cookies used on the Website are listed below